1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016-17 NHL season running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Oct 10, 2016.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Wait, so the Preds wait three days to open the season, then have back-to-backs for 6 of their first 7 games? WTF?

#PostOnlyDixiehackMayFindRemotelyInteresting

dixiehack likes this.
  2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I've always liked the Preds. They're kind of like the Caps' spirit animal.

Great opener last night in Pittsburgh. I keep thinking Lars Eller is Troy Brouwer. It'll take me a minute to get used to seeing someone else wear 20 for the Caps. Fun game. Eighty-one to go. I'm just gonna enjoy the ride until April.

TigerVols likes this.
  3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Carryover from the playoffs where they continually had to shuttle between Tennessee and California with a single off day. It's a conspiracy Pawwwl.

TigerVols likes this.
  4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Canucks play their first 9 games in 15 days.

This just means that it will only take 15 days for them to fire their coach.

5. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Ducks announcers were quick to point out last night that they play something like the first 41 games in 85 days. Whining about lack of practice time.

6. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

The Steckel hit was on New Year's Day in the Winter Classic in 2011. The Hedman hit came in the Penguins' next game, on January 4. Crosby missed the rest of the season and didn't come back until November 21.

He took a hit in a game against Boston in December that many suspected was another concussion, because he missed a few more months. There were reports that it was more like a relapse rather than a new injury.

Once he returned in March 2012, he didn't suffer another reported concussion until just recently. So really, he's had one major concussion that sidelined him for months and then a murky incident after his initial return from that major concussion that kept him sidelined a few more months.

7. RedCanuck

RedCanuck Active Member

Anyone notice it was his man that scored in OT?

8. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Aren't pretty much all NHL injuries murky?

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

So PK Subban's first shot as a Pred goes in and they go on to beat the Blackhawks 3-2? Me likey.

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I love that trade for the Preds.

12. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

You weren't the only one.

Draft saved Draft deleted