1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016-17 NHL season running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Oct 10, 2016.

1. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

It was.

My concern remains that the Ovechkin line always looks slow when it's on the ice against Pittsburgh.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

You should never lose when you score 7 goals.
    Also, how blatant was Crosby's trip in OT? Not that it should have gotten to that point. The refs sucked and so did the Caps. You go up 3-0, you should win.

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

When the Pens cut the lead to 3-2, I thought I saw a little panic for the first time ... the Caps stopped forechecking, starting turning the puck over carelessly and let Pittsburgh do whatever it wanted offensively. Part of that is (duh) Pittsburgh is good. But I thought Barry should have used his timeout when it got to 3-3 so quickly. Holtby's little brain fart that allowed the Malkin chip-in was pretty inexcusable for any goalie, much less a Vezina winner.

Yeah, that was a trip. And yeah, the stripes blew it on Hornqvist smashing Oshie in the face. That at least has to be a roughing call.

Big picture, the Caps took six out of an eight possible points from Pittsburgh this year and ran the Penguins twice at home. I'll take it.

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

6. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Fly likes this.
  7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I honestly can't believe it doesn't happen more. The treacherous conditions that these teams drive through across Canada and the Northern US are ridiculous.

ChrisLong likes this.
  8. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Our travel wasn't as bad as some teams but we saw our share of blizzards and torrential rainstorms but the scariest moment we had when I was busing it was when our driver fell asleep at the wheel coming home from a game in Ottawa.

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Caps are 12-0-2 in their last 14 and have scored 65 goals during that run.

That's good, right?

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Until Moddy confirms, I'm on the fence.

Meanwhile, have a night, Patrick Marleau.

Cosmo likes this.
  11. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Everything you do against the Avalanche deserves an asterisk*

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

The only surprise is that it was Hornqvist, and not Malkin (who got there first) or Crosby.

I was enjoying watching St. Louis handle them last night on National TV.

Draft saved Draft deleted