1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016-17 Hot Stove Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Nov 3, 2016.

1. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Yeah, Herrera gets his shot as a closer. Do they bring back Hochevar now? Dayton Moore has earned the benefit of the doubt, but I have a sinking feeling the Royals are letting their last real good shot with the core group slip away.

exmediahack likes this.
  2. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

If it's just Soler, they're certainly selling Davis for 50 cents on the dollar, unless his injury issues are worse than previously reported.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I just don't think that a closer who will be a free agent after this season is worth much in trade value. They should have waited until before the trade deadline when teams were desperate.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Ian Desmond to the Rockies for 5 years, $70 million, with an option for a sixth year. Seems like an odd fit because Colorado already has Gonzalez, Blackmon and Dahl in the outfield, though perhaps one of those guys gets traded or they move Desmond back to the infield.

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

The have Story at short, LeMahieu at second and Arenado at third. Would they move him to first base?

EDIT: Looks like 1B:

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

7. Steak Snabler

heyabbott likes this.
  8. HanSenSE

Like I've said before: Needs to be in Springfield and Canton too. Dude was that good.

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Ian Desmond is a plus outfielder? I guess he just had a really awful October. Must be that Rangeritis mentioned earlier.

Steak Snabler likes this.
  10. Steak Snabler

Nationals get Adam Eaton for Lucas Giolito, Reynaldo Lopez and 2016 first-round pick Dane Dunning:

Nationals To Acquire Adam Eaton

Geez that's a lot for Eaton.

Also, White Sox have acquired baseball's No. 1 pitching prospect (Giolito) and No. 2 hitting prospect (Yoan Moncada) in the last 24 hours.

11. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

What the ever loving fuck?

Adam Fucking Eaton?

sgreenwell likes this.
  12. HanSenSE

And McCutcheon still in play, apparently. But I won't work oop's corners.

Draft saved Draft deleted