1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2015 Stanley Cup playoffs

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Apr 14, 2015.

1. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Big Shot Brent.

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  2. studthug12

studthug12 Active Member

I had Hawks vs. Rangers in Finals. Last night game was a marathon. I don't get NBCSN so I had to go to the gym to watch. I went at the start of the third, watched game/worked out for like 2.5 hours and at end of 2OT took shower. Came out and didn't even see goal live. Had to settle for replay lol.

3. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Nice job all you "experts" who picked the Jets. But I messed up, too. I had the Ducks winning in 5.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

The Pens are three great players and a bunch of meh.

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Can someone who is not a Caps or Isles fan give a reasoned take on this Tom Wilson hit on Visnovsky in Game 4?

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Who's the third?

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I don't think its bad.

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

One reason that Scott Darling might be a late bloomer, as opposed to a flash in the pan?

Alcoholism:

Chicago Tribune

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Can't read it without registering.

10. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Watching that game, and actually all the games in that series. ... Wilson has been playing rough all series--which is playoff hockey--but he has crossed the line a few times, leaving his feet, like with that charging penalty. He can be really reckless. The reason the Isles were upset is that Visnovsky has had concussion problems and I think Ovechkin had already taken a run at him earlier in the game. I thought that one was pretty reckless when it happened, because the puck was nowhere nearby. But the league didn't discipline him any further, so what do I know.

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I thought it was dirty when I first watched it. But after the watching the replay, Visnovsky is trying to play the puck in the air seconds before Wilson arrives. It also looks worse because Wilson is a good six or seven inches taller than Lubo and Lubo was leaning down into the hit. Shoulder meets head. I don't disagree that Wilson plays reckless. That's sort of his skill. That style of play is great in the regular season but leads to way too many dumb penalties in the playoffs, and the Isles aren't going to continue to go O-fer given power play after power play.

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Not all that much to it. He had a drinking problem. Washed out of college and junior leagues because of it. Stopped drinking in 2011, got in shape. Now here he is. It notes that he used alcohol to deal with social anxiety.

I would have liked more detail - it doesn't say if he was in a 12-step, or how much he was actually drinking. But maybe he wasn't offering some of that up. Hard to tell.

Draft saved Draft deleted