1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2015 Stanley Cup playoffs

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Apr 14, 2015.

1. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Best part of the Stanley Cup playoffs is that records don't seem to matter - the 8 seeds can play the 1 seeds and beat them.

Look at the eight series -- Montreal is up 3-0, Anaheim is up 2-0 and all the others are either tied 1-1 or one team is up 2-1.

But it is hilarious to me that every year we go through this where people act shocked that the games are tight, the series are tight and the best teams have to play really well just to advance.

Pens-Rangers is a classic example - anybody that thought this was going to be a sweep or anything close to it really doesn't understand hockey or the playoffs. I picked the Rangers in 7 but won't be shocked if the Penguins win.

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

It's never been closer. There is only 16 points that seperate the 1-16 and you have teams like the Kings and Sharks that missed.

Before these series started, you could make a legitimate case for either team in each series to win.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Screw hockey. I'm done. Took me longer to type that than it did for the Islanders to score in OT.

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Oh Moddy, you'll be back after the Caps win game 3.

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

4 - but they won't win

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I'm a little perplexed about this. Are you mistaking him for someone else?

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

No, there's reasons he spent a lot of time in the minors and not just the AHL, he played in the East coast league for a few years. He's a 26 year old backup. What is it about his career that you see him able to maintain long term success?

Goalies are voodoo, he may very well be a future star I am just leery of short runs.

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

OK, I get what you're saying.

Nothing, really. He was pretty good this season, on par with Crawford, I think. He was pretty good yesterday, too. Maybe the clock strikes midnight at some point.

9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Either the Jets are choke artists or the Ducks sold their souls. Helluva two-plus periods in Winnipeg.

10. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Can't believe I'm the one bumping the NHL thread, but gigantic 3OT win for the 'Hawks last night. Brent Seabrook is the Robert Horry of hockey.

11. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Only, you know, he's actually really good ALL the time.

12. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

You know what I mean.

Draft saved Draft deleted