1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2015 Stanley Cup playoffs

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Apr 14, 2015.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Since I was working and barely got to see any of Game 1, I'm going to pretend that last night's abysmal Capitals' effort never happened. Flush and move on. I'll have a beer in hand for Game 2 and a bloody mary in hand for Sunday's Game 3 matinee.

Also, clutch move by Quenneville to bench Crawford for Darling to spark the Hawks' comeback. That first overtime last night was breathtaking.

2. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

The Caps played nervous. I guess they'll blame it on Boudreau.
    Who starts in goal for the Blackhawks tomorrow??

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Crawford. Easy decision

4. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

How demoralizing is that for the Preds to blow a game 1 three goal lead at home? I'm sure they're saying all the right things, but damn, that can be a crusher.

5. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

Watched every minute of the Blackhawks' win last night and I think they send Nashville home, maybe in six. I've mentioned this before, but my daughter-in-law is a HUGE Rangers' fan, so we're excited about the playoffs in my family.

I was glad to see Pittsburgh squeeze into the 8-spot in the East over Boston. Pens are a much better matchup for the Rangers than the Bruins would have been. Saw Pittsburgh several times over the past few weeks, and if they take even one game in this series it will be a minor miracle.

6. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Reportedly, Holtby has the flu. Trotz said he'll play tonight but scribes that have seen Holtby indicate he really looks ill.

7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Blackhawks are shitting their pants in this third period

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

What do you do in goal now if you're the Blackhawks?

9. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Heard about this, so I bet against the Caps. And they win to even the series. I am just waiting for the Capitals to turn into the Crapitals.

10. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

IMHO, it should be Darling.

11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Now it's a tough decision.

Let's not forget how bad Darling has been over his career. He had a remarkable game 1, I think I'd go Crawford on a very, very short leash.

12. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

My guess is that's what Q does. It would also help if the Blackhawks played better defense in front of whichever goalie they use.

Draft saved Draft deleted