1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2015 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by schiezainc, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I don't know if it's a face turn as much as him just going the contender that attacked him last week.

Although it would be really good if he did turn against the Authority, with Heyman bothering the hell out of them.

Fine ending to Raw that set up so much. I do think it's silly that, with all the available tag teams around, that The Ascension are facing the Outlaws.

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

How about Heyman turning on Brock and helping Seth win the belt?

3. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

KYSportsWriter likes this.
  4. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Here's the thing though. The Outlaws are actually a great team to put up against the Ascension right now. For one thing, it works with their current "gimmick." For a second thing, James and Gunn are, especially for their age, fantastic workers and have enough experience to really bring the new guys along well. Lastly, the Ascension simply aren't ready for a title feud and putting them against the USOs does them more harm than good.
    I'm coming around on Victor. He's not that bad on the mic, or at the least he's shown some improvement since coming up to the main roster. Konnor is f**king terrible though. Like Khali terrible. I don't know if it's the terrible writing or his terrible delivery but it's actually hard to listen to.
    I liked the rest of the show though. The Cena angle you could see coming from a mile away and I actually wasn't all that shocked by Sting's appearance, though if this is how they're going to use him before Mania, count me among the bored.
    Yes, we get it. HHH will fight Sting at Mania. But give me something. Anything. to make this watchable.

5. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Was kicking things around at work earlier, and tossed out the idea that if they don't put Bryan in the main event, somehow have the Authority screw him at the end of the Rumble and have Bryan and Sting vs. Rollins and HHH. At least it puts a couple of guys in the match that we know can help carry Sting along.

6. schiezainc

If I were booking it, Mania would look like this:

1.) Lesnar vs. Bryan for the WWE title
    2.) Cena vs. Rollins with a blow-off stipulation (No DQ, Last Man Standing, ETC)
    3.) HHH vs. Sting
    4.) Wyatt vs. Taker
    5.) Ziggler vs. Rusev for the US title
    6.) Reigns vs. Big Show
    7.) Paige vs. Nikki Bella vs. Brie Bella for the Divas title
    8.) Ambrose vs. Bad News Barrett for the IC title
    9.) Miz vs. Mizdow
    10.) NXT Money-in-the-bank style match for a main roster contract
    11.) Pre-show: The Usos vs. The Ascension

7. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

I read a while back (could've been Meltzer) that they were playing with a Lesnar face idea so if the fans know he's gone at WM it doesn't turn into a Boo-tista situation. Makes sense, but also crushes a Bryan-Lesnar main event, which would be my personal choice. Rollins/Bryan doesn't feel like it has enough time to simmer and build between now and then, but it would be incredible if Rollins won the belt and Bryan won the Rumble. In fact I don't know what credible heels Lesnar would have to beat at WM, so I've now talked myself out of this idea. (Maybe if Randy Orton returns as heel? But his last thing was anti-Authority or at least anti-Rollins soooo)

8. Baron Scicluna

Looks good, but it just seems like Ambrose is a little buried there. Maybe have him go after Rusev, but then Ziggler would get stuck. Also, no Orton.

9. Baron Scicluna

I was thinking just by having them all surround the two Ascension guys laying there, then Simmons gets handed the mic, and then ...

10. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Am I the only one that is glad they finally gave a mic to Xavier Woods? He's hurt right now but he has charisma and in that one New Day match they did more to get themselves over than at any other time before. They should've let them have a mic to begin with when going toward the ring.

11. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Also, looks like WM 32 in in Dallas next year.

12. schiezainc

Yeah, I was toying with Ambrose vs. Orton but I couldn't figure out how to build that properly from now until Mania. This is the problem with only having one world title. It seems like anything outside of that main event spot needs to either feature a legend/part-timer or be the culmination of some long feud to really warrant Mania treatment.

Draft saved Draft deleted