1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2015 PGA Championship

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Everybody's favorite Uncle Herb and his Whistling Straits hosts it again. Maybe it's just me.........but this does not look like a visually appealing track......at least not from a television point of view.

I'll take Day to get his first. Koepka in Top 10. Scott, Bubba, Spieth, DJ all contend. Tiger makes cut, but is never factor.

2. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

I thought for sure we'd get to Sunday afternoon before someone realized, Hey, there's no PGA Championship talk.

Visually, Whistling Straits is stunning, and the 18th is one hell of a finishing hole.

3. da man

da man Well-Known Member

It's way less ridiculous than the Goofy Golf course where they played the U.S. Open.

And I'll take Spieth against the field.

4. Key

Key Well-Known Member

Agreed, tri. I've always thought the course made for pretty good TV. Both previous PGA's here have gone to a playoff. Pretty sure I'll be glued to the TV come Sunday.

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

See.....except for the atrocity the USGA made of the greens, I didn't have a problem with Chambers Bay. The entire course was fescue, so it doesn't show up well on TV......I get that....but the fairways were fine. The tee boxes and the approaches were fine, IMO. The USGA became a laughing stock because of the greens.

6. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Well, that and the trains...

7. spadjo martin

spadjo martin Member

I don't think Spieth or Rory get it done. I'll take Shaun Micheel ... or Jason Day.

8. qtlaw24

qtlaw24 Active Member

I've rooted for DJ's redemption and thought he would get it done at St. Andrews; funny how here's another opportunity for him, unbelievable he'd get penalized on the 72nd hole while in the lead when all he had to do was ask a rules official and they'll give him a ruling on the spot. That's what my heart says, but my head says its going to be some no name/first time major winner, like Day (big hitter, been oh so close)/Na (been close before)/Walker (big hitter, good putter).

9. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Love this course. Anybody has a shot. I'll go with DJ. Maybe Graeme McDowell. Rory or Spieth would be the best stories. Other than Tiger, but he really has no chance.

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Micheel?
    Oak Hill, this ain't.

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I just want to see the year when one of the club pros is in contention on Sunday. That'd be wild.

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

And the PGA.com video player is trash. Not surprising. Can't even get it to start. Boo.

Draft saved Draft deleted