1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2015 NCAA Tournament thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RecoveringJournalist, Mar 18, 2015.

1. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Heel Yeah! Was my headline when UNC won in 2005.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Guard Joe Schmo will miss the second round game because the Stephen F. Austin coach said so!

3. Mr. Sunshine

WHAT?

JackReacher likes this.
  4. JackReacher

/chugs Miller Lite

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  5. Mr. Sunshine

STUNNER!

Stephen F. Austin knocks out undefeated Kentucky

6. JackReacher

PORTLAND -- Stephen F. Austin's Aaron Harrison stomped a mudhole in Utah's ass by scoring 33 points, and Willie Caulie-Stein walked it dry by adding 15 points and 20 rebounds as the undefeated Shitkickers rolled to a 103-54 win Thursday in the NCAA Tournament.

(Edited to fix my enormous stupidity. Left Kentucky players named in because who the hell knows any SFA players?)

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  7. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

I can't remember where I read it, but it was something like if Izzo and MSU are a 6 seed or worse, put them in the Sweet 16. Five or better, put them in the Final Four.

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Notre Dame apparently looking like its usual bang-up first-round self.

9. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

I think they've made the Sweet 16 in six of the last seven years.

I've seen Izzo outcoach more than his share of young hotshots in the tournament, even on teams that have far superior talent.

10. RubberSoul1979

RubberSoul1979 Active Member

Mike (one lousy Sweet 16, in 2003 no less, in 15 seasons in South Bend) Brey wouldn't have it any other way

11. RubberSoul1979

RubberSoul1979 Active Member

I don't know about you, but I get my business/corporate news from the NCAA Tournament and its accompanying blocks of commercials.

Years back, it's how I found out "Cingular is Now the New AT&T." Okay!

Later, it was Pontiac being "The official performance machine of the NCAA." Whaaa?

Without being near a TV, I can't see this year's editions. What am I missing?

That billion-dollar -- that's a lot of cell phones -- TV deal isn't paying for itself.

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

i did a bracket for the Kornheiser show trying to come in last. It's not as easy as it sounds, do you pick Georgetown to win if you want to be wrong

Draft saved Draft deleted