1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2015 NCAA Tournament thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RecoveringJournalist, Mar 18, 2015.

1. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I have very little faith in Jay Wright and 'Nova. I think I have them winning two games, max.

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

This is my fifth year of not having a bracket. Which means this will probably be my fifth year of not tossing something across a room because I lost one of my Final Four teams in a 2-seed vs. 10-seed upset. Probably also be the fifth consecutive year I don't call a coach I don't know from a team I don't care about a "piece of shit" because he's losing/winning. I can root for all upsets and against the teams I hate without fear.

3. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Obviously I'm extremely biased, but I have no idea what to make of the East and UVA. I've got brackets where they're going out in the second (including the one I mentioned above) and brackets with them winning the whole thing.

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Well, they're certainly not going to win the whole thing, so there's that. Or did you just mean winning the east bracket?

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

SFA-OK!
    Edit: that's supposed to be for Sunshine's hammer hed

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  6. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

I can see both arguments with Virginia. If they're healthy, they're one of the few teams that I think is capable of upsetting Kentucky. But it's been a long time since Virginia went past the Sweet 16 and Izzo has a lot of experience going against Virginia's style of play. I think it's possibly the most interesting matchup of the weekend.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

SFA-OK!

8. Big Circus

The whole thing, although not on any money brackets. But I think they've got a decent shot to get to the Final Four if they can get past Sparty, and they wouldn't get Kentucky, Wisconsin or Arizona until the final. What's picking them to win one more game?

9. Big Circus

My reasoning on that, by the way, is that if UVA beats Michigan State, it probably means Justin Anderson made a big contribution, and having him back and playing well would change UVA's ceiling significantly.

10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Lumber
    Jacks off
    to winning

NCAA start

:cool:

11. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Stone cold from the field, Stephen F. Austin falls in tourney opener.

12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

If you like that headline, GIMME A HELL YEAH!

Draft saved Draft deleted