1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2015 NCAA Tournament thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RecoveringJournalist, Mar 18, 2015.

1. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

We seem to be lacking one of these...

I got my SI today, and they picked no double-digit seeds to make the Sweet 16. It's the least imaginative "expert" bracket I think I've ever seen.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I think it's been folded into the college basketball thread. That one's been pretty active this week.

3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I have almost zero interest in this, for some reason. I mean, I guess seeing a 53-50 play-in game in the last two minutes has a lot to do with it -- plus another timeout -- and expecting a lot of the same.

As for filling in brackets, not to be political, but Obama selected all 1s, 2s, 3s and 4s except one to reach the Sweet 16 and all 1s to reach the Final Four in his ESPN bracket. Zzzzzzzz.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The ends of college basketball games have become excruciatingly unwatchable. On Sunday, entire holes of PGA Tour golf happened while less than a minute ran off the clock of one game I was scanning. In the tournament, it only gets worse. I would support rules halving the number of time outs allowed and allowing the team fouled to choose to maintain possession rather than shooting in the last two minutes.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

10 years ago ...

6. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

Look how far we've come...

... another reminder that standard definition really sucked.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

That last 3 was beyond extreme.

8. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

I just want at least two "Holy shit" upsets the first weekend, and a 12 beating a 5 is not a holy shit upset. I'm talking a No. 3 seed out in the Round of 64 and a No. 1 or No. 2 seed out in the Round of 32.

I did a pool ages ago that had rules that you had to follow. You had to have a top 4 seed lose in the first round, you had to pick a No. 1 and a No. 2 to lose in the Round of 32. You had to have two double-digit seeds in the Sweet 16. It was the best pool I was ever in.

I've been in others where you get extra points for upsets, but it was executed very poorly. Picking a No. 9 to beat a No. 8 would get you the same number of points as picking a No. 16 seed to win.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

That's an excellent pool concept.

10. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Prediction: Stephen F. Austin wins two games.

11. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

SFA is definitely the trendy upset pick this year, and most who picked them to win one game are picking them to win two. Which means I should probably bet against it.

12. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Well, since they'll be playing Eastern Washington in the second one...

JackReacher likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted