1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2015 NBA Playoffs

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Apr 16, 2015.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

But during the 4 years he played with James was Bosh better than Grant and Kukoc? Personally, Wade on his best days in his prime was at least to a comparable Pippen and probably better, but the Wade that James played with was not as good as the Pippen that Jordan played with.

2. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Agree, the Wade that James played with not as good as Pippen. Bosh better than Kukoc, but Rodman was a far better rebounder and defender than Bosh. LeBron pretty much had to be the best rebounder on Miami. At times Haslem and Birdman were effective, but nowhere near Rodman or Grant. But James didn't have those guys in Cleveland. Jordan had those guys in Chicago. Some of the funniest shit I remember reading on here was how James' supporting cast when he left the Cavs wasn't so bad. I guess all the underappreciated things Anderson Varejao did with James were even less appreciated when the Cavs became garbage as soon as James left.

3. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

bigpern23 likes this.
  4. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Are you not aware that Varejao missed most of the next three seasons after Lebron left with injury? Varejao was indeed once a damn good player when he was healthy, but unfortunately after 2010 his career has been locked in the "nearly always injured" state.

One of the dumber and more futile games people play in these type debates is where they try to compare how the teams did after the superstars left, comparisons that are essentially meaningless given the vastly different treatment of the rosters left behind. And that particularly applies to 2011 Cleveland which did not just lose Lebron, but instead gutted the roster and went into tank mode immediately after his announcement. Nobody knows how Lebron's cavs teams could've done without him because those teams never tried to play without him. The Cavs roster that was on the court in 2010-11 in no way resembled (and was far worse) the supporting cast Lebron walked away from the prior summer.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2015
  5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

LeBron is a really shitty GM though. Love never fit with his game, and the hangers-on he brought with him (Jones and Miller for two) couldn't do a thing when needed.

They would have stood a chance, and had an exponentially brighter future, with Wiggins.

6. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Both!

7. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Some people didn't like it from the start:

Rusty Shackleford likes this.
  8. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

I'll give you credit where due, amraeder, that comment a year later appears pretty much spot on.

I'll confess that I thought the Love/Wiggins trade was the right move at the time, but appears I was wrong. Wiggins is a stud who would've fit extremely well on this Cavs crew, especially given the small ball way the playoffs went with Lebron playing so much at the 4 anyways. The Cavs had no answer defensively when the Warriors switched to that smaller faster lineup, Wiggins would've given them that answer.

LongTimeListener and amraeder like this.
  9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

That is pretty damn good analysis.

10. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

Where is the thread thats from? Is it earlier on this one?

Draft saved Draft deleted