1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2015 NBA Playoffs

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Apr 16, 2015.

1. qtlaw24

qtlaw24 Active Member

That was a great team effort last night. Steph hit some huge shots obviously (did you see he shot the one at the end of reg with his eyes closed!) but the defense and hustle on offensive rebounds late were the keys.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

No, we didn't see the end of regulation. What happened?

JackReacher likes this.
  3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Who beat?

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Did you see that pick Russell Wilson threw at the end of the game?

JackReacher and LongTimeListener like this.
  5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Eh, they're still only 1-356 when trailing by 20+ going into the 4th.

I'll be impressed when they improve to 2-356.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Not to mention ... they trailed by 20+ going into the 4th 356 times. *That* is stupid.

7. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Spending some time on Basketball Reference, quick look through records. When the Cavs beat the Celtics, it will be the 8th time a LeBron team has defeated a team that won 42 or fewer games during the season (excluding the lockout year). During that same time -- 2006 through 2015 -- two teams total from the West have qualified with 42 or fewer victories. Just another example of the horror that is the Eastern Conference. (as a Showtime fan, I acknowledge the Lakers had some similar cakewalks in the 80s).

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I am a little surprised that has gone on so long. The West hasn't had a playoff team lower than 45 wins in seven years and a sub-.500 playoff team in 19 years.

I guess there's just more of an imperative to compete in the West, like in the NFC of the 1980s.

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Interesting the NBA also said that foul on Thompson at the end of overtime was incorrectly called.

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Wizards

12. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted