1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2015 NBA Playoffs

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Apr 16, 2015.

1. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

That was a bizarrely awful performance by Rondo, one where you could tell just by looking at him that something wrong's going on in his head. He got an 8 second violation with NOBODY guarding him simply because he was lollygagging up the court, was throwing away absurdly stupid trick passes, starting cheap shit with Harden directly in front of the refs, and looking quite pissed off and pouty the whole time--like you said, looked almost like intentional sabotage. Carlisle saw it too and wisely benched him after only nine minutes of court time.

Btw, here's a telling stat:

The Celtics 9-14 with Rondo and 31-28 without him.
    The Mavs 19-8 without Rondo but only 31-24 with him.

The guy's been a dog making his teams worse all year. Turned out to be disastrous trade for Dallas.

2. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Scotty and Durant to the Lakers?

4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Another telling stat about last night's performance. Rondo was on the floor for 9:55 and was a minus-11. That's minus-11 in less than 10 minutes.

5. da man

da man Well-Known Member

OK, I know plus-minus is a flawed stat, but this really does say a lot. I just looked up Game 1 and in that one, Rondo was minus-25 in just over 27 minutes. So for the series so far, he is minus-36 in 37 minutes.

On the flip side, Dwight Howard, who has clearly been the most impactful player in the two games (even though foul trouble kept him out for quote a big of Game 1), is plus-34 in 50 minutes. He's also shooting 15-for-24, because about two-thirds of his shots have been dunks.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

How has Dwight done in the final 4 minutes 'cause that's where he's money.

7. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Oh, yeah, on the way in to work this morning I was listening to a sports talk station here in DFW and they had one of the Mavs' TV color analysts on. The radio host asked him, "Did Rondo quit last night?" The color guy -- who, obviously, works for the Mavs -- didn't even hesitate before saying yes.

8. da man

da man Well-Known Member

It was over by then.

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

10. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Wow. I mean, not surprising that Rondo's done there, but amazing a coach would say that during a series.

BTW, Carlisle's press conference last night was something. At one point he half-frustratedly half-jokingly went after MacMahon for asking pretty much every question.

11. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

I feel for Carlisle. His offense was fun to watch until they got Rondo.

12. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

The color guy's right, but it wasn't just last night. I think Rondo basically quit on the Mavs before he ever put the uniform, he never seemed like was committed to making it work in Dallas and has been acting like a petulant baby all season. Dude took the flamethrower to his already-sketchy reputation this season.

Draft saved Draft deleted