1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2015 NBA Playoffs

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Apr 16, 2015.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

That was fantastic.

Kerr is so great too. I suppose it shouldn't come as a surprise, but he has been incredibly entertaining as a rookie coach.

2. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Never have liked how Jason Kidd and Milwaukee ownership back-stabbed Larry Drew but I will give Kidd credit for coaching the Bucks up, especially without Parker. Chicago in 5.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Its my biggest pet peeve in sports: Up to three weekends to play the first round.

4. qtlaw24

qtlaw24 Active Member

The Warriors Magic Carpet Ride of 2015

Warriors in 5
    Clips in 7
    Grizz in 6
    Mavs in 6 (Carlisle > McHale)

Hawks in 4
    Cavs in 5
    Bulls in 5
    Raptors in 6

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Please let this happen: I don't think I heard Dick Stockton this weekend. Can we be over this decades-long national nightmare that is Dick Stockton doing the NBA playoffs?

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

God. That would be so much fun to be a fly on the wall of whatever tavern Kerr and Barkley are drinking at! Let the good times roll!

That said.....A Warriors/Cavs.........Steph v. LeBron Finals would be a ratings bonanza.

8. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Replays of the first quarter of this MIL/CHI will be banned in every civilized nation. Seedy men will gather in basements to watch it. They will be considered the pariahs of society. It will be studied a thousand years later as one of the greatest sins America ever inflicted upon the world.

9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

A few years back, I was at a blackjack table in Vegas with Barkley on a Saturday afternoon Super Bowl weekend. I was betting $15 a hand, he was betting at least $750.

It was an absolute crazy hour. He told all of us at the table that we had to drink Coronas with him. He was tipping like it was his last day on earth. There were women throwing themselves at him and he spent the whole hour telling stories and making everyone laugh. Just a fun guy.

10. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

How did he do against the bank?

11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Not well. He was down over $10k. Mostly was bad luck but he also wasn't playing by the book.

12. da man

da man Well-Known Member

So I watched Dallas-Houston last night and Rajon Rondo looked like he wanted to be anywhere else in the universe than on a basketball court. I mean, it really looked like he was actively trying to get either benched or ejected. The Mavericks are so done with him. They're a much, much better team with Devin Harris or J.J. Barea on the floor than with Rondo.

On the other hand, Josh Smith was freaking phenomenal. Howard scored something like 28 (that's off the top of my head -- too lazy to look it up) and it seemed like at least half of that came off perfect lobs from Smith. Smith even managed to feed Howard with an alley-oop when he was caught under the basket. Smith did anything he wanted, especially in the fourth quarter. Dallas actually defended Harden extremely well (when Rondo wasn't in) but when Harden went out, and then took a back seat to the other guys offensively, the Mavs had no idea what to do.

Draft saved Draft deleted