1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2015 NBA Playoffs

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Apr 16, 2015.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

EAST
    Hawks over Nets in five
    Cavs over Celtics in six
    Raptors over Wizards in seven
    Bulls over Bucks in five

WEST
    Warriors over Pelicans in four
    Rockets over Mavericks in seven
    Grizzlies over Blazers in five
    Spurs over Clippers in six

Thoughts:
    * I think Wizards fans are desperate for a series loss because Leonsis will keep Wittman around if they win a playoff series.
    * The Celtics are playing as well as anyone outside of Cleveland of late in the East, and Isaiah Thomas will win one game in that series by himself.
    * Excited to see The Brow in the playoffs, but the Pellies are way over their heads.
    * The Machine vs. Dysfunction. Spurs handle the Clips.
    * Injuries just killed the Blazers. No Wes. No Afflalo. No chance against Memphis.
    * Hawks were skidding down the stretch, but they've haven't had anything to play for in six weeks. Can they turn it back on?
    * The Mavs seem to always be a tricky playoff team. Any chance Dwight returns?

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Nets, because Hawks
    Cavs
    Wizards
    Bucks, because why not

Warriors
    Mavericks
    Grizzlies but who knows
    Spurs v. Clippers ... now *that's* a great opening series. Don't know who wins but I'll go with the Clippers

Clippers v. Cavs would be a fun and unique little Finals.

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Nets are +800. Go for it!

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Hey, the Hawks are the feel-good story of the season. But again, Hawks.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Exactly. I was serious.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

The Hawks were the third team in NBA history to go the whole season without a player scoring more than 30 points.

2002-03 Nuggets: 17-65
    2004-05 Bobcats: 18-64
    2014-15 Hawks: 60-22

7. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Spurs-Clippers seems like one of the better opening-round matchups we've had in awhile.

Go Warriors! :D

8. studthug12

studthug12 Active Member

I actually thought the Bucks had a shot vs. Raptors, but Bulls have Bucks' number.

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

ESPN says Cavs are favored at 9/4, barely ahead of the Warriors at 5/2. But anyone who rolled the dice last June on LeBron's return is sitting on a 60/1 ticket.

Warriors finished with 67 wins, one of only 10 teams to do so. And they finished with a scoring margin of +10.1, one of eight teams to finish in double figures. All of the other teams have won the championship except the 1971-72 Bucks, who rank #4 all-time in scoring margin but had the misfortune of running into the top-ranked Lakers in the playoffs that season.

10. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

Hawks over Nets in 6
    Cavs over C's in 4
    Wiz over Raptors in 6
    Bulls over Bucks in 5

Warriors over NO in 4
    Rockets over Mavs in 5
    Grizz over Blazers in 7
    Spurs over Clips in 5

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

More than 2weeks to play 7 games, maybe. NBA players are pussies

12. Like I need another reason to love Barkley.

“I love Charles. I worked with him for eight years,” Warriors coach Steve Kerr said, referring to his years as a TV analyst. “He’s incredible at what he does. He’s hilarious. He picks up every bar tab when you’re on the road; 28 people from TNT at the bar, and he picks up the tab. He bought me so many beers over the years that whatever Charles wants to say about our team I have no problem with.”

Draft saved Draft deleted