1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2015 NBA Draft Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Big Circus, Apr 9, 2015.

1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

All of them, remember this is a team that would have made the playoffs in the Eastern Conference

2. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Only if Larry Brown was their coach.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I think Towns and Booker will be solid pros. The rest I have my doubts.

4. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I don't see any reason Cauley-Stein can't carve out a Roy Hibbert-type career.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Yeah, when I saw that all seven went, my first thought was that the second round of the draft is taking shape nicely.

6. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Yeah, I hope the twins have their passports up to date.

Webster likes this.
  7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

And Calipari has nothing to do with any of it; all those guys were first-round locks before he ever laid his claws in them.

If anything, he's cost them all millions in potential endorsement bread with his slowdown-sludgeball platoon system. They'd all be way more marketable for shoes, sports drinks, etc etc if they were hotshot 25 ppg superstars coming out of college. But at least they did win the National Championship.

8. Michael_ Gee

Calipari has established Kentucky as the frat all the high school superstars want to pledge. As for Dekker, what an indictment of the NBA scouting process! Kid has two or three splendid games in the tournament and NOW he's moved up to a lottery pick? Fickle, fickle, fickle.

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Really? I was raving about him coming out of the Big Ten Tournament.

10. Michael_ Gee

That's true, Dick, you did. But I was referencing the blind quote from the NBA exec in the espn.com article. Maybe you should be an NBA exec. You probably come cheaper than Phil and couldn't do worse.

bigpern23 likes this.
  11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I suspect the next shipment of prime horseflesh that arrives on the World Wide Wes Express is going to be much much less tolerant of the "you're going to average 22 minutes and 12 points per game because that's the way it has to be for me to coach this team to an NCAA Championship" bullshit.

12. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

The SEC was not very good and what looked like a really challenging non-conference schedule wound up getting Kansas, UCLA and Texas in down years and UNC before it got it together. Considering that the 38-1 record is impressive, but I'm not sure this team was really even all that close to being Calipari's best at UK. I really think he's better off letting his best seven or eight guys form a rotation and play the minutes they deserve. If you wind up with Wiltjer and Harrow-type guys transferring then so be it.

Draft saved Draft deleted