1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2015 Heisman. Who ya got?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JackReacher, Dec 8, 2015.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Wow. That Woodhead comparison came way quicker than I thought.

SnarkShark likes this.
  2. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

But how many people voted BEFORE that game?

Heard earlier Henry is 55th in nation in ypc. He's a horse and has had a good year but ... Not that special

3. JackReacher

LOL. Not that special.

4. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Scouting notes
    McCaffrey: Very coachable. Heady. Great bloodlines. Smart. Moves well in space. Knows how to use body. Gritty.

Henry: Just a brute. Strong. Fast. Thick thighs. Thick Chest. Skinny ankles. Tough. A fighter. Grinder.

dixiehack and JackReacher like this.
  5. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

OK it was special but more a product of being the only option. You're going to rack up a lot of yards if you get 45 carries a game.

6. da man

da man Well-Known Member

The number of backs who can carry that sort of load and continue to be effective is miniscule. That's where the "special" comes in.

7. JackReacher

You seem to have a really good grasp on this.

There's a reason he was getting 45 carries a game. And it's not because Alabama can't recruit more than one good RB at a time.

8. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Do a large number of voters do that, before the conference title games? Seems dumb.

9. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Yeah, pretty much exactly the read I have on both of them.

I know that before the Stiff Arm Trophy was rendered obsolete by the threat of voters losing their ballot, there were a lot of ballots disclosed prior to the title games.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
  10. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I don't think it's a large number, but some do.

11. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Well, sure. It was partly because he is really good. It also is because Kenyan Drake was hurt most of the year.

12. JackReacher

I don't even know what you're trying to say anymore. That Henry isn't deserving of winning (or being a finalist for) the Heisman?

Draft saved Draft deleted