1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2015 Heisman. Who ya got?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JackReacher, Dec 8, 2015.

1. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I think the point was if said undefeated No. 1 team was Florida State he'd get more respect/buzz.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Meh. Disagree. We're talking about Clemson, not Duke.

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

It'll be Henry, but I'd rather it was McCaffrey. And I wish Reynolds was going to be there, too, not just for the helicopter spectacle (which would be cool as hell), but because he IS one of the better option QBs in college history. (By the way, North Dakota State has had a better option QB -- or two -- than Nebraska's FIFTH-best.)

I Should Coco likes this.
  4. dirtybird

dirtybird Well-Known Member

I like McCaffrey, though I think the all-purpose thing is a tad overstated because of kickoffs. I honestly think Watson kind of deserves it not because he's the best player on the best team, but because he's just really, really good. I think some of it has to be watched and doesn't quite carry over on stats. His best is unreal.

I also heard an interesting thing on Henry. He's gotten a lot of excess carries. Someone pointed out this was a Kiffin staple. Boost some guys' stats, get em awards, use that in recruiting.

5. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Who would you rather have as a pro, Henry or McCaffrey?

Not saying this has anything to do with who should win this dumb award, but I'm curious to know what people think about which player would have a better chance at success in today's NFL.

6. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

A so highly regarded Clemson team they opened as a two point 'Dog to an Oklahoma team that has a loss to a hot garbage Texas team.

Also, of some note, the ESPN person getting bashed said it was the first time he had seen McCaffrey play "live" meaning it was the first game he had broadcast of Stanford. Not the first time he had seen Stanford play.

7. JackReacher

Still the No. 1 team in the country. Still undefeated. Still a major program. Again, it's not Duke here. It's Clemson. Clemson doesn't lack for attention.

8. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

You qualified it well, but I still do everything I can to divorce the two arguments. Gary Beban was a deserving Heisman winner. So were Eric Crouch and Jason White.

9. JackReacher

I don't see why Henry couldn't be a good NFL running back. McCaffrey is a little harder to figure. Mainly because he's white and probably has tons of GRIT and SCRAP.

SnarkShark and Mr. Sunshine like this.
  10. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

This is a tough question because the value of running backs to NFL GMs continues to decline.

McCaffrey could help a team at WR, kick and punt returns, or a third-down running back.

11. Mr. Sunshine

I think it's McCaffrey, too, because of his versatility. Maybe a better version of Danny Woodhead. Henry seems to be a dime-a-dozen back. In the right situation, maybe he becomes a star. But those situations are rare these days.

JackReacher likes this.
  12. Mr. Sunshine

I think McCaffrey should win AND will be a better pro. He just fits a modern offense better.

jr/shotglass likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted