1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2015-16 NBA Thread (feat. the Wives)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Final record predictions? I'd put the O/U at 71 wins.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

They'll obviously be shooting for 72, but the key to last year's playoff run was keeping minutes down. Curry averaged the lowest minutes of any MVP ever and even sat out two games for "maintenance." So I wonder if the front office is going to put the brakes on. I say they hit 70 and are satisfied with that.

Meanwhile ... 22-0. I'm premature, but they are up 17 on the Nets with six minutes to go. The crazy thing is they were up by seven after three quarters, and then the second unit built it to 17 while Curry, Thompson and Green rested.

Those guys are all back in now, but they'll finish this game in the low 30s and thus should be fresh for that Indianapolis game Tuesday.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I am tempted to make the 2 1/2-hour drive on Tuesday.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Maybe the two best centers of that era right there.

JackReacher likes this.
  6. LongTimeListener

As if we needed any more confirmation that Steph Curry is a full-blown Thing in society, now his wife is in on the act. This tweet set off a hell of a debate over the weekend:

Ayesha Curry‏@ayeshacurry
    Everyone's into barely wearing clothes these days huh? Not my style. I like to keep the good stuff covered up for the one who matters [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. LongTimeListener

8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Golden State is a 5.5-point favorite tonight in Indiana with a total of 215. This should be damn good.

9. LongTimeListener

Ho hum, a 22-0, five-minute run to go from six down to 16 up in the first quarter against the best the East has to offer.

It's now 40-24 with a minute and a half left in the quarter.

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

21-15 Indiana becomes 40-24 GS in 5 minutes.

11. LongTimeListener

They just scored 44 in the first quarter against a team that allows 98 per game.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted