1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2014 World Cup

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Rainman, Jun 3, 2014.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Like Evander did to Mike Tyson as well.

2. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

So England goes 0-2-1, with a loss to Uruguay and a tie with Costa Rica? Lovely, lads!!

Even Italy fails to advance. This is one ugly World Cup.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Yeah, too bad England didn't live up to their usual high World Cup standards.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I am pretty sure after the Rollins incident the Celtics, as a team, TRIED massive retaliation, but were pulled apart by arena security.

As I recall Holyfield could not get across the ring to kick Tyson into a coma because doctors were busy trying to salvage his ear, not for any lack of motivation to do it.

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

There have been numerous biting incidents where none of what you said took place.

Entertaining rant though.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Winning one game didn't seem like too much to ask in that group. I bet they get crucified in the London tabloids, who can now focus on Andy Murray's bid to repeat as Wimbledon champion (not that it figures to go much better).

7. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Nothing "ugly" about either of those results. The Western Hemisphere beating up on Europe has been the best theme from this Cup. Hope it continues.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Tyson bit Holyfield twice. The fight was restarted after the first one, then Tyson did it again and the fight was finally stopped.
    Andrew Golota, a couple of years before he tried to cave in Riddick Bowe's gonads, also bit an opponent.

9. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Seriously, don't you get tired of being a fucking cartoon?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

The flopping is the single-worst aspect of the sport.
    It is dishonest,
    it is dishonorable,
    ... it is disgusting.

11. I've seen more miracles involving soccer players making spectacular recoveries mere moments after writhing in pain than I have watching Benny Hinn.

12. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Carrying players off field on a stretcher is quaint.

Draft saved Draft deleted