1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2014 World Cup

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Rainman, Jun 3, 2014.

1. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

Not sure what the guidelines of starting these type of threads on these forums, but here goes nothing.

First game takes place June 12th, when the host country takes on Crotia.

Who do you guys predict will meet in the finals? Who do you think will be the eventual winner?

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The US wins on a penalty kick from Landon Donovan who is added to the team as an injury replacement. :D

I just want the World Cup to go down without an international incident or someone getting killed.

3. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

Brazil over Germany in the final. U.S. beats Ghana, loses to Portugal and Germany to finish third in its group.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I think we get 1 point in the group by tying Ghana.

6. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Actually an unlikely final, given that if both win their groups, they'd meet in the semifinals.

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

If England gets out of their group, they will lose on penalties for the 645th time.

8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

US gets swept out and soccer never arrives.

9. da man

da man Well-Known Member

It always cracks me up during the Olympics to see women with BRA emblazoned across their chests.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Have no idea who will win or advance to the final but I do know the Toronto area will be overrun with cars sporting flags of countries their drivers have probably never been to and have a very slim connection - if any - to. And the pubs will be full of drunken, raging Englishmen. And Scotsmen provoking them when England flames out in the opening round.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

There are actually Brazilian sports bars in Boston. I plan to give those a wide berth, thanks.

12. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Greektown, Little Italy and Little Portugal in Toronto will be jumping and impossible to navigate on game days.

Draft saved Draft deleted