1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2014 Steelers Playoff Run Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Dec 23, 2014.

1. ryanb

ryanb Member

No, I don't think you are being totally serious. I just wasn't sure you got that I was kidding when I asked Evil if this was how to use the thread.

It seems to me this idea would only work if Steelers fans wanted to go along with it, and none seem interested in doing that, so what is the point?

2. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Is somebody going to do a real playoff thread?

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

4. The Steelers play Saturday night.
    And Ben Tate? Sigh I guess.
    The fact he was cut mid-season??

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

It really isn't hard to do, fella.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

The Steelers are screwed without Bell. They've scored 332 of their 456 points the last 10 weeks (8-2 record).

Ben Tate, or anyone, isn't a sniff of the threat Bell is.

Unless Roethlisberger goes nuts, and the defense goes nuts ...

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

About 10 weeks ago, Bryant started playing more and taking the top off the opposing defenses. I think a lot of people overlook that when looking at the success of this offense.

I sure wish they still had Blount.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Blount doesn't really provide the key things they lose without Bell, either. Bell can make a huge impact even when he doesn't run well because he is so good as a pass protector and receiver. I heard somebody on NFL Network talk about the ability to threaten a defense on all three levels. Brown makes plays all over the field, but they also have Bryant on the deep ball, Miller on intermediate routes and Bell creating big plays on short throws. His absence makes a huge impact on the passing game. If he is limited, they might want to consider using him primarily in passing situations.

Also, I wonder how many touches Tate will even get. They seem to like Harris and he did show some explosiveness on the long run that was called back. The best thing about signing Tate is maybe that means less playing time for Archer, who is horrible.

9. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Bell is officially out. Bad weather expected. A huge hit for The Steelers.

11. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

That really is a double whammy for Pittsburgh. I could see them easily outscoring Baltimore as they did the last time these teams met, but not if that shitty field is a mess. America likely will be treated to some more 16-13 ugliness.

12. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Yup - pretty much where I'm at too.

Draft saved Draft deleted