1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2014 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rockbottom, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

I said it in the last thread and I'll say it again after last night ... DDP would be a great Hall of Fame inductee this year or in a future year.

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I dig it. Punk loses, but the camera catches him smiling about it right after.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Right ... and when they show the replay, Cole immediately catches on too and says, "I think Punk could have kicked out of that. I think he might have let Roman Reigns win!"

4. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

5. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

I've always thought that The E missed out on some great inductions or segments by not honoring some WCW guys the year WrestleMania was in Atlanta.

6. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I don't know man, he's not normally the type to talk about himself.

7. Bradley Guire

I swear by DDP and his yoga. DDP motivated me to get off my ass and at least try it. I figured if dude could do it with his back problems then I could, too. Still can't get past the two basic workouts, still in pain every day, still walk with a cane, but it's better than not doing anything.

At his induction, he'll wear a DDP Yoga T-shirt with a tux jacket, mention DDP Yoga no fewer than 47 times, and show off at least one yoga pose.

8. Bradley Guire

WWE says Kaitlyn asked for her release. I would say I'm sad to see her go, but since Total Divas got hot they're the only Divas getting any time on the two main shows. I'm surprised AJ still hast the Divas title.

Also, curious what the details of the WWE Network will be. I hope there's an online viewing/subscription option, as I really don't want to go back to cable or dish. I've gotten too used to Netflix, Hulu, and various other ... um ... streaming sites for my TV viewing.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I saw they're getting rid of the WWE Classics On Demand channel at the end of the month. When is the WWE Network finally going to launch?
    I'm convinced we'll see a replay of a Chris Benoit match on Raw before the Network launches.

10. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

My wife and I are in for the WWE Network. 100 percent. For sure.
    It's going to run like a Netflix site in that you can watch from anywhere at any time. Price is $9.99 per month which isn't bad considering you get EVERY PPV ever (past shows, current ones as they air and future shows like WrestleMania), and pretty much the company's entire library.
    It almost sounds too good to be true but, yeah, I'll be signing up on Day 1. Definitely.

11. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

So, are the PPVs going to be shown live on the WWE Network, or made available after broadcast? If it's the first, I'm in. If not, probably still in but will have to think about it.

12. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

They are shown live. It sounds like you have to make a six month commitment at a time. I am sure that is to prevent a bunch of people inevitably signing up and canceling around certain PPVs. With this development, I am extremely close to dropping DirecTV when my commitment is up.

Draft saved Draft deleted