1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2014 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rockbottom, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Meanwhile, Jerry Lawler was taken to a Baltimore hospital after experiencing chest pains and throwing up backstage today. Doesn't sound like he'll be on tonight.

http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/WWE_News_3/article_75504.shtml#.UstX2tJDtAI

Best wishes and all, but it's starting to look more and more like maybe it's time to dial Lawler back to a special events/remote position instead of having him on the road full-time. JBL and Cole probably work better as a duo anyway at this point (witness the JBL and Cole Show on YouTube).

2. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

Nah, Jerry will keep wrestling/announcing until he drops dead in a ring. Guy just can't give it up.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

JAKE THE SNAKE!

4. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Baby steps, but it would've been great to see Jake drop a DDT.

5. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

OK, a little embarrassed to admit it, but I got chills when Jake was walking down the aisle.

6. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

And did that snake take a dump on Ambrose?

After rewinding, I heard Road Dogg reminding Jake that it's PG these days, after he tried to put the snake down Ambrose's pants.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The crowd was chanting for it, but he didn't do it. Maybe he physically can't, or maybe he's saving it for another appearance.

8. Bradley Guire

Asps. Very dangerous. You go first.

9. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

You see Ambrose try to hold back his smile when the snake went on him in that close up? He was probably marking out like the rest of us!

10. Bradley Guire

He kept smiling during Piper's Pit, too.

11. Bradley Guire

Thinking more on it a day later, I like how the Punk vs. Shield angle is going. Punk and Reigns had the feel of a big fight, for what it was, and it wasn't surprising that Roman went over (even if not exactly clean). Besides the fact that the match was a good one, we had two sets of intros. Maybe it's just because I'm a mark for the New Age Outlaws.

Also, Ziggler suffered another major concussion last night during a pre-Raw taping (Superstars? Main Event? I dunno). Ryback is living up to the Goldberg chants by working too stiff or too sloppy or both.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

One twist to the Punk-Reigns match that might have been interesting, and I was sort of waiting for, was for Punk to lose on purpose. Maybe something where he clearly didn't try to kick out of a weak roll up, or an early pin, or some such. It would've been weird, and they'd have to sell it with the announcers and in future promos, but Punk could pull it off and it'd be a neat way for him to play more mind games with the Shield. Like he'd be putting over Reigns to pump up his ego and drive a wedge between them.

Draft saved Draft deleted