1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2014 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rockbottom, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

My fantasy theory about the Wyatts is that when they kidnap someone, they basically mindfuck them into being someone completely different. Kane gets kidnapped twice, he turns into a middle management drone for The Authority. Miz got kidnapped once, he turns schizo and can't ever figure out if he's a heel or a face or what. Daniel Bryan, after weeks of trying and him putting on the brave smile and beard, finally breaks down. There's a lot of places this can go. Hoping it's not the path of least resistance (Bryan turns into a soulless follower, Cena frees him by beating Wyatt at Elimination Chamber or Wrestlemania).

2. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Obligatory post to make sure I get new replies!

3. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

Bryan/Wyatt fued Russo-ized: Brie Bella revealed as Sister Abigail.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

... And Sister Abigail is an inbred stripper from Ocala who dances at a place off I-75 called "Jugheads".

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

It won't be until there's a Brie Bella on a pole match, which ends when both guys are knocked out and Brie strips around the pole.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

7. Bradley Guire

Still gonna wait to see how this plays out before passing judgment. Too many directions for this to go.

8. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Iiiiiii don't know. Admittedly, I've been someone who's only been watching Raw and SD when it's recommended by pals, and otherwise, I've been only into PPVs. But hearing this explained has just been "ugh" to me. Have they formally introduced Bryan as a member of the Wyatts on TV? I can see them screwing with people at house shows, but I don't really like it if they turn him into a member of the family. Kind of reminds me of when Stone Cold joined the Corporation, but on a much smaller scale, obviously. On either his pod or Jericho's pod the other week, he said that was one of his biggest regrets, along with no-showing his match vs. Lesnar.

9. Bradley Guire

Bryan left with the Wyatts last Monday and wasn't on SmackDown. So, whatever happens tonight hasn't been on TV. The house show picks are interesting. Time will tell whether they pull another Stone Cold screw-up with turning one of their hottest guys heel. Ryback was hotter than hell last year, then they turned him. Now, he's barely on TV. Of course, like Goldberg, he got exposed as a limited worker, so that's also got a lot to do with it.

If done right, Bryan going Wyatt could be really compelling and great or could be a colossal fuck up. Hard to tell because it's so early.

10. Baron Scicluna

11. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I wish folks would give the angle time to develop before passing it off as stupid or whatever. We haven't seen much of anything and it just happened a week ago.

Chill.

12. Baron Scicluna

The problem though, is that they've constantly dropped the ball the past few years.

Draft saved Draft deleted