1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2014 NFL predictions thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RecoveringJournalist, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Paynendearse

Paynendearse Member

I laid $100 on Dallas to win eight. For like what, the 20th straight year, or it just seems that way.

2. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Bumping. NFL Hall of Fame game is tonight, 8 pm ET on NBC.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

RGIII shits the bed before the bye week after suffering 3 or more sacks 4 weeks in a row. Blames it on Shanahan's over use of him last year and Gruden's inability to coach the o-line.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Browns over Cowboys in the Super Bowl.

Manziel MVP!

5. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

This, my friends, is the danger of legalizing marijuana use.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Bengals over the Rams would be marijuana. Browns over Cowboys is some hard core hallucinogenics.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Every team that wins a SB has a "blueprint" that the rest of the league tries to copy.

Funny thing about blueprints, though: They are reliable and work time and again.

How many teams win back-to-back (or even appear in back-to-back) Super Bowls?

8. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

A certain team will piss me off hundreds of times.

9. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Thus the danger of becoming too passionately devoted as a fan. You set yourself up for too much heartbreak.

My team is in major rebuild mode, including a new coaching staff, so I'm just going to try to enjoy the games and be thankful for anything better than last season.

10. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

There are few things more enjoyable than unexpected success. The 2011 season for the Niners was like that for me, even though it ended in a brutal manner.

11. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

That's true. Every year we seem a team make the jump from bottom-feeder to contender, so who knows? I think that adds to the popularity of the league, that everyone starts off the season with some hope.

12. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

I love when teams come out of nowhere to make deep playoff runs.

I mean, of the 32 teams in the league, how many would it stun you if they made the playoffs? Jacksonville? Oakland? It's not a long list.

Draft saved Draft deleted