1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2014 NFL off-season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mizzougrad96, Feb 6, 2014.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

::)

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Seriously, you should ban yourself from the board for at least a day for having to look that up.

3. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

So what? You want to interrupt a nice pissing match to talk FOOTBALL?! I totally agree with you on Wilson. Both he and Kaepernick have great instincts and can do more than throw the ball. I'd take either of them on my team any day. As young QBs, they'll have their ups and downs, but their ups are pretty damn good.

4. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Kaepernick is no Wilson.

5. Mr. Sunshine

Cutler is better than Stafford.

6. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Nah, I'd rather have Cutler. Pretty similar players at the same point in their careers, but Stafford seems to have more upside to me. Helps to have Calvin Johnson catching anything you throw within 10 feet of him.

7. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Not quite. But I'd still take him over most of the QBs in the league. Wilson had the better season last year, but not by as much as people think.

Wilson: 13-3, 3357 yds, 26 TD, 9 INT, 539 rush yds, 1 TD
    Kaepernick: 12-4, 3197 yds, 21 TD, 8 INT, 524 rush yds, 4 TD

Only huge difference is comp. pct. ... Wilson 63.1, Kaepernick 58.4. But I think he just had a down year. (He was at 62.4 the previous year)

Sign me up for either one.

8. Mr. Sunshine

You'd think having a guy like that at your disposal might lend itself to winning a few more games.

9. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Eh. They were 7-9 and def should have been better. Passing defense was atrocious, and Stafford makes the mistakes at the worst times. Did someone mention Tony Romo?

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

11. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Because a lot of athletes' sense of entitlement transcends their sense of reality.

12. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Carl Nicks, a Pro Bowl guard as recently as 2011 whose career was derailed by MRSA, released by the Bucs:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000369082/article/carl-nicks-buccaneers-mutually-agree-to-part-ways?campaign=Twitter_atl_hanzus

Draft saved Draft deleted