1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2014 NFL draft thread (no longer too early)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Re: (Way too early) 2014 NFL draft thread

The draft eligible guys, even borderline ones, submit paperwork all the time, just to get an idea of where they stand. SOP.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Right. The idea with Mariota was that he did it after he announced he was staying. Turns out, that wasn't correct.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

So in your world would that make Manziel at best a fifth round pick?

4. JackReacher

He wasn't serious.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Yeah Hundley disappeared and Bortles showed up. I haven't seen anything from Hundley saying he was staying or leaving. The last thing I read indicated he was leaning toward declaring. I'd seen him as a top 5 pick in some mocks (Probably CBS, since that's the one I follow the most).

Anthony Barr will go high. Maybe not top 5, but I can't imagine he falls out of the top 10.

I think it will take three quarterbacks going in the top 4 for Clowney to fall to No. 5.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  6. Mizzougrad96

If Hundley comes out, I think Oakland will take him at No. 3.

I'd love to see Manziel in Cleveland, but the Browns will probably take Bortles and then he'll end up sucking.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

And another was named Tittle.

8. JackReacher

Is Bridgewater the runaway choice for No. 1? I guess it kinda depends on who becomes Houston's coach, but why wouldn't they consider Manziel?

9. Mizzougrad96

I read something that said the success of Russell Wilson is the best thing that could happen to Manziel. I don't think Manziel is as short as Wilson, but I think Wilson is probably a much smarter player.

Bridgewater, Hundley and Carr all fit the NFL QB prototype that we always hear about. It certainly doesn't mean they're going to be better than Manziel.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

McShay's top five makes sense to me. The Texans need a QB bad. Bortles is a typical Raider reach. And JFF will sell ducats in J'ville.

Is it that crazy having two Aggies in the top four? Luke Joeckel went No. 2 to the Jags in 2013, Ryan Tannehill went No. 8 to the Dolphins in 2012, and Von Miller went No. 2 to the Broncos in 2011. They do two things well in College Station: Recruit, and put plywood on the inside of windows in event of a hurricane.

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Jerry Golsteyn

12. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Yelberton Abraham Tittle, actually.

Draft saved Draft deleted