1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2014 NBA Playoffs thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by old_tony, Apr 19, 2014.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Steve Kerr?

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I bet Mark Jackson has been angling for that job for months. He was supposedly shopping himself on the East Coast last year. Kerr would be good in NY or as Jackson's replacement with the Warriors.

3. Mizzougrad96

Jackson is stupid enough to look at that roster he has at Golden State and thinking he could do better elsewhere.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

In fairness to Jackson, the Warriors have as much of an eye on change as he does. Getting rid of the two assistants in the final month was really weird, and the owner has been less than complimentary in public of the job Jackson has done. They lost four or five home games this season that they had no business losing and that cost them quite a bit in seeding. Fans and ownership both seem to be laying that on Jackson.

I don't think anyone can say how it's all going to play out, but a mutual decision to part ways is a live option.

5. Mizzougrad96

I could see teams being interested in him, but I don't know about the Knicks. I would assume Phil is going to hire someone who he's familiar with. I don't know if he's going to try to mold them or whatever... I don't really see him trying to get Shaw from Denver.

6. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2014/story/_/id/10818790/masai-ujiri-toronto-raptors-general-manager-warned-using-expletive

How does this potty-mouth moron become an NBA general manager? Just embarrassed the whole franchise and city. It's one think for drunken fans to do and say stupid stuff, but a general manager?

If he were a high school coach or athletic director, he'd be fired.

7. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

He's one of the best GMs in the league. As usual, you're a moron.

8. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Great finish down the stretch in OKC. A bunch of big swings back-and-forth and now Durant completes a crazy 4-point play to get the Thunder back within one.

9. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Every time I hear the crowd scream over a big OKC bucket, I look up and see Memphis still winning or tied. Grizzles playing with some onions tonight.

10. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

I think the most intriguing trend from the start of these playoffs is the beating the favored home teams have been taking. With that Memphis win, road teams are now 6-3 in these playoffs.

The league tries to convince us the regular season ain't meaningless because teams are supposedly fighting for that crucial home court advantage, but then weekends like this happen and you figure, well shit, maybe home court ain't so crucial after all.

11. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Well, they say a series doesn't really start until someone wins on the other team's court. I'd say that we have six of the eight series have begun in earnest.

12. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

In the three years prior to this, home teams were 19-5 in the opening game of the series. This year they were 3-5. I'd say we're more likely just looking at a small sample size blip.

Draft saved Draft deleted