1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2014 NASCAR running thread - Brian France idiot edition

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Shoeless Joe, Jan 30, 2014.

1. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

From my own experiences dealing with domestic violence as a prosecutor, I was quite frankly surprised the restraining order was granted. I doubt the judges in my jurisdiction - who at this point in their careers handle domestic violence cases almost exclusively - would have granted it based on the evidence that's been reported in the media.

2. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

It's been getting a decent bit of play on the local sports talk radio shows. There's a lot of sentiment that there's no reason that the truck series or the Xfinity (still can't get used to the new name) series can't be run there during the Charlotte race weeks. Bruton would never do it, but it would be the right thing to do.

There is a group that invested about $1 million in the track and ran races for a few years in the late 2000s - gets a brief mention in the story - that is trying to put together money to make another go of it. Quite frankly, though, without one of the top 3 stock series making a go of it out there, I can't see it drawing enough.

My local short track (once a Winston Cup track) barely survives on the late model, street stock, etc. weekend warrior races. And there's nowhere near the capital upkeep needed there.

Draft saved Draft deleted