1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2013 Tour de France

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Jun 30, 2013.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Between the bus getting stuck and the sprinters crashing out, that was a horrible opening stage of the centennial edition.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Inky, for me and I suspect many other Tour TV viewers, it's just a PBS travelogue of France with a few minutes of racing thrown in. I don't like to see the big wrecks, but the bus getting stuck on the banner was certainly entertaining

3. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

The bus was funny. Froome crashing in the neutral area before racing began was a way to get the race off with a bang.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Oh, yeah, it was entertaining. I loved the close-up of the freon escaping from the AC unit. I wonder if they can get it fixed, go to a different bus or go AC-less the rest of the tour.

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Super bummed that Cavendish missed out on probably his one and only chance to ever wear the maillot jaune. Also bummed that a Ted King separated his shoulder on the first day of his first tour. He's a super nice guy. OTOH, looking forward to David Millar in yellow this week!

6. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

That was a pretty cool ending to this year's Tour -- under the lights in the City of Light. I also liked how the went around the circle at the Arc de Triomphe. I always say they should do that, anyway, instead of making that hairpin at the top of the Champs.

LeMond and Indurain smiling and waving in the back of the car is a complete fucking joke. Those two, along with Hinault and Merckx all in one car have one thing in common: they all doped to win the Tour. FREE LANCE!

Draft saved Draft deleted