1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2013 Running Tennis Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Gator, Jan 27, 2013.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Less predictable is less interesting?

Murray looking more and more like he could break the British Wimbledon drought is less interesting?

As much as I've always enjoyed watching Fed-Nadal, frankly it's starting to bore me. Especially with Fed a notch or two below where he once was. We've seen the best they can throw at each other, and it's not coming back.

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

What was most fun about the Fed match was that StorKovsky (sp) played actual serve and volley and looked pretty good doing it; it brought back memories of McEnroe v. Borg.

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Sharapova's available for all the parties now.

4. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

If Serena and Novak don't win this thing, something's wrong.

5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Entertaining match to start a Monday. Serena, up 3-0 in the third set, now needs to break to stay in the match. Pretty shocking third set comeback by Lisicki.

6. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

And She Gone.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

OMG, how hurt is Serena> She's never, ever lost a match. She's only been too injured to play her "C" game.

Lisicki is hot

8. sportsnut2002

sportsnut2002 Member

Amen about Lisicki.
    As for her tennis, she has the type of game that can give Serena fits, as was shown today. With all the upsets and injury-related exits, I wonder if this is the time for Lisicki to win a Slam title.

9. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Lisicki can play a bit, especially on grass. Got to the semis a couple of years ago. Still, I didn't figure on anyone beating Serena.

As of now, my favorite is 2011 champ Petra Kvitova.

10. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Looks like something is fucking wrong.

11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

For all of Serena's greatness, and she is truly one of the GOAT (I've got Martina #1), she's had some head scratchers over the years when it looked tailor-made for her to win the tournament:

losing to Sharapova at Wimbledon;
    losing to Stosur at the US Open;
    losing to Clijsters at the US Open;
    losing to Sloane Stephens at the Aussie; and now
    losing to Lisiki at Wimbledon.

Oh yeah, Lisiki is tremendous. (former Carling Basset and Bettina Bunge fan).

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted