1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2013 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Like a lot of everyone here, I've spent most of my time watching Alabama play King Kong Bundy to Notre Dame's SD Jones, but it looks like I flipped over just in time.

Another epic Punk promo, and I liked how he explained why he felt his title reign was better than Sammartino's and Hogan's. Great stuff.

2. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Michael Cole is still giggling.

3. Baron Scicluna

That kids, is how you draw money for a PPV main event. Both guys brought their 'A' game.

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I'm glad we have two TVs in the newsroom.

That was epically awesome.

5. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Can't wait to go home and watch it. That is, IF IT RECORDED .... better have!

6. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Hope you had extended time on it. Went to about 20 past the hour.

7. podunk press

podunk press Active Member

Let's be honest ... cookiepuss is a very funny word. I loved it even if it was stupid.

You could make a pretty convincing argument that CM Punk just had the best night of any wrestler on Raw ... ever.

He carried Ryback through a match I definitely would have paid for. He delivered a great shoot. And while too long and rambling, he still cut a great promo to promote the Pay Per View. That's some great work.

I'm way more excited for Rock-Punk than I ever was for Rock-Cena.

8. boxingnut4324

boxingnut4324 Member

The match at the Rumble will definitely be great, but what happens after? How do you carry it through the Chamber? Does Cena rear his technicolor head again and give us "Once in a lifetime....except this time too" at Mania? Short term looks great but the big picture seems fuzzy at best.

9. Not gonna lie, this is shaping up quite well for the Rumble. Curious to see which direction they go. Dolph has to cash at some point in the time between now and WM I think.

10. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Great stuff from Punk and Rock last night. Loved the Carvel shoutout, but Cookiepuss over Fudgie the fucking Whale?

Come on, man!

[​IMG]

11. Baron Scicluna

Makes sense at the EC. Whomever wins will be beaten up anyways, and here comes Dolph.

12. Petrie

Petrie Guest

That's how the first one was cashed in 7 years ago. Isn't that the Cornette-approved repeat timeframe?

Draft saved Draft deleted