1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2013 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Dec 31, 2012.

1. podunk press

podunk press Active Member

So it appears Batista is coming back.

It will be interesting to see what kind of pop he gets when he does.

I would imagine he would be a "surprise" Rumble entrant. The most obvious feud for him would be Ryback.

2. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

I figured if he came back it would be closer to the summer since "Guardians of the Galaxy" doesn't come out until August.

3. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

He's already being promoted for a house show in Vegas in February. Speculation is that he would debut at or around the Rumble and stay until he has to do promotional work for the movie.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The only time I can ever recall enjoying seeing Batista in the ring was the time when he and Big Show were getting booed out of the Hammerstein Ballroom by ECW fans during the beginning of the ill-fated relaunch. Still one of the funniest spectacles I've seen in wrestling.

5. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

Yeah, I'm sure he will get a decent pop as a surprise entrant in the Rumble, but I haven't heard a lot of people clamoring for his return. IIRC, he really left the E with a whimper. He lost a last man standing match, came out in a wheel chair on the next night's RAW, threw a temper tantrum, and quit. His alleged MMA aspirations have gone no where. I guess he's trying to get acting off of the ground.

Eventually, WWE is going to run out of old timers to prop up sagging buyrates.

6. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

I think if you played Batista's music at the end of a Raw or the middle of the Rumble, it'd get a pretty sizable pop. He was doing his best promo/character work by bounds at the end of his last run.

Logic would put him in the middle of HHH/Orton somehow, but I think the last thing Orton needs is another dose of "Does The Authority actually respect me?" confusing his character.

7. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

To me, I think the easiest role to slot him into is as Orton's enforcer or bodyguard. Maybe he debuts at the Rumble when Orton is in trouble or down, and he helps him out, mentioning the Evolution ties as the reason why.

I also think that we see Jericho vs. Orton at some point before Mania. But maybe that's just the mark in me...

8. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

that would make a lot of sense since Jericho was the first ever "Unified" champ.

9. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Well, they also brought it up on The Masked Man's Grantland podcast - They're going out of their way to not mention it on WWE TV, which normally means they have something planned for it at some point. And given how Jericho yoyos in and out of the WWE, it would be shocking if it didn't become an angle at some point.

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

So went to see Anchor Man 2 and cutting right out in front of me from next theater showing
    Frozen was Triple H, Stephanie and one of his kids. Clearly had the look of not having
    enjoyed the movie. Hall was jammed and no one really noticed him or perhaps didn't
    want to bother him with family there. Good to see a notorious tough guy willing to
    take his wife and kid to a Disney movie.

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

He was probably mad that Elsa and Anna weren't showing their puppies.

12. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

That's not PG!

Draft saved Draft deleted