1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2013 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Dec 31, 2012.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I'd say it depends on who wins the match -- if it happens -- at the Rumble.

If Orton retains, I could see Triple H entering the Rumble and winning, thus setting up a match against Orton for the title -- and control of the company -- at Mania.

If Cena wins, Roman Reigns would be my pick to win the Rumble.

If Bryan wins, I could see them turning him or Punk heel to set up a showdown between them at Mania.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

There was another moment in that match that looked rough, too. I think it was Nikki Bella was trying to do some sort of move off the top turnbuckle, got yanked down by Alicia Fox, botched whatever the hell it was she was trying to do, and whapped her head pretty hard on the mat. The ref kept checking on her between moves.
    The trainers will be busy this week.

3. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

They would need a somewhat compelling storyline reason to even get Triple H in the Rumble, no? I mean, he and his wife are the faces of the corporate side of the company right now, so you'd need to move pretty quick with Vince or someone else in an opposite role, otherwise, he could just make a title match for himself at any point. (Note: I haven't watched Raw yet so maybe they do give a reason of some sort.)

I think it makes more sense that he enters specifically as an enforcer for someone that they've "chosen" to win. Maybe Orton loses the title, and they have him enter the rumble at 29, still groggy as shit. #30? Triple H. I don't think that they would actually do that though, or have him win the Rumble.

4. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

Excited for the Royal Rumble. What? I said I'm excited. What? For the Rumble. What? The Rumble. What? 30 Superstars. What? Over the top rope. What? Winner goes to Wrestlemania. What?

And Stone Cold had the best Rumble promo ever in 2002. Seemingly sound strategy, but he didn't win.

http://youtu.be/J3kqfuGHbeI

5. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I can't hear Stone Cold's voice without hearing this guy in my head and immediately needing to watch this video:

Seems appropriate considering what time of year it is.

6. Bradley Guire

His middle finger lights up ... that's classic.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Smackdown was fun tonight. You had Zeb with a sign about how Santa is an illegal immigrant, you had JBL lecturing Cole about journalism and sources and you have a potential feud in Reigns against Big E.

8. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

Reigns wins IC belt and then unifies it with US Title vs. Ambrose @ 'Mania???

9. Baron Scicluna

Not bad, although I wish the Shield would stay together. I think they have a lot more left in their run together.

10. Baron Scicluna

We may have our WM Divas match all lined up: A.J. vs. Michelle Beadle

http://placetobenation.com/the-high-spot-aj-lee-michelle-beadle-and-the-top-stories-of-the-week/

11. Bradley Guire

Aside from a few filler matches (wow, forgot just what wasted potential looked like until I saw Drew McIntyre), SmackDown was solid.

12. Bradley Guire

Reigns: Wait a minute. Who elected you leader of this outfit?

Ambrose: Well, Roman, I figured it should be the one with the capacity for abstract thought. But if that ain't the consensus view, then hell, let's put it to a vote.

Reigns: Suits me. I'm voting for yours truly.

Ambrose: Well I'm voting for yours truly too.

[Dean and Roman look at Seth Rollins for the deciding vote]

Seth Rollins: Okay... I'm with you fellas.

Draft saved Draft deleted