1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2013 Pro Football Hall of Fame Finalists

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Della9250, Jan 11, 2013.

1. I honestly thought Tim Brown was already in.

2. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Tony Dungy is closer to not being a Hall of Famer than being a first-ballot guy.

3. joe king

joe king Active Member

You do realize that Cowboys have been inducted in three of the past four classes, and five of the past seven?

Actually, six Cowboys have gone in in the past seven years -- Troy Aikman and Rayfield Wright were both enshrined in 2006.

4. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Dungy shouldn't be eligible for ten more years because of his assessment of Joe Webb before Sunday's playoff game.

5. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

That bit of analysis had Rob Parker shaking his head.

6. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I agree with that. Dungy's teams had a reputation of underperforming in the postseason relative to their regular season records, and I don't know what he has in terms of a coaching tree (parcells) or innovations (Don Coryell). He's a nice guy and he was the first African-American coach to win a Super Bowl, so that'll help his cause. As with being on TV every week (hey, Howie Long!)

BTW, I was looking through the list of coaching wins and was surprised to learn that John Fox has more career wins than Bill Walsh, 94-92.

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Are you being serious wIth this?

8. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

No love for Aenias Williams? Dude was an absolute lock down CB for an absolutely horrible fucking franchize. I'd absolutely put him in. And Ogden has to go in for sure, too.

9. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

Howie Long needed TV to help his Hall of Fame case?

Really?

Are you on drugs?

Now, if you wanna say Dan Dierdorf's presence as an announcer on Monday Night Football helped - despite his consistent mediocrity in that role - then fine.

But Howie Long needed help?

Uh, no.

10. RonClements

RonClements Well-Known Member

Agreed, Williams should be in. When he got on a good team (Rams) he ended up running back two pick-sixes in the same playoff game (against Brett Favre and the Packers) en route to a Super Bowl berth.
    One of those "great players on a bad team." Definitely deserves induction. Even with Kurt Warner and Larry Fitzgerald included, Aeneas Williams is the best player in ARIZONA Cardinals history.

11. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Glad someone recognized it. He was an elite, top-10 player period for a number of years. He just did it for so long for a consistent 5-11 squad every year.

12. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Wild guess. I'll take Larry Allen, Andre Reed, Tim Brown, Bill Parcells and Strahan. Hard to take two OLs in the same class.

Draft saved Draft deleted