1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2013 Pro Football Hall of Fame Finalists

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Della9250, Jan 11, 2013.

1. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

That would make sense, bc they definitely dominated their positions more than Bettis ever did. He had the final counting stats, but he never led the league in rushing yards or touchdowns, and the only ring he won was due to Roethlisberger's tackling ability. And I say that as a Steelers fan.

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Allen, Haley and Parcells don't have a prayer.

Greene, on the other hand, is in like Flint.

3. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I think one of them could make it this year and all three could make it eventually.

4. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

That would be unfortunate as Greene was not as dominant as Allen and wasn't the game changer Haley was.

5. RonClements

RonClements Well-Known Member

Kevin Greene isn't as big of a lock as some of you want to think of him.
    He's been passed over the last couple years and I think this might be the first time he actually got to the finalist stage.
    It would be kind of great if he's already in New Orleans for the HOF announcement because the Packers are preparing for the Super Bowl. (Greene is Green Bay's OLBs coach.)
    The next two years will be interesting because some guys who have been passed over before - Greene, Cris Carter, Andre Reed, Tim Brown, etc. - might get in because we've got a few sure-fire, first ballot guys coming up in 2015 and 2016. Get these other guys in first in a "down" year for candidates before the likes of Brett Favre, Kurt Warner and Tony Dungy come to Canton.

6. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Kurt Warner and Tony Dungy are not on the level of Jonathan Ogden and Larry Allen.

7. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

I dont see greene as a lock at all. I think it will be bettis, carter, ogden and shields. Not sure on the fifth...though i can see haley getting it. I dont see the viters rallying behind sapp or strahan yet.

8. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

There only has to be four, right?

9. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

Yes and max, but that includes the vet guys.

10. Cubbiebum

Cubbiebum Member

Ogden, Allen, Bettis, Parcells, Strahan

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I was making a reference to the anti-Cowboy, pro-Steeler bias. I guess I'm operating at a different level.

12. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I got what you were implying with Kevin Greene, but I hadn't heard of this anti-Cowboy bias. Did they kick Roger Staubach out?

Draft saved Draft deleted