1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2013 Oscars thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dick Whitman, Jan 4, 2013.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I hadn't really heard of Chastain until Lawless. Definitely didn't realize she's been all those movies you guys listed. That's great hustle!

2. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think Tree of Life (which I was never able to completely get through for various reasons...) was the first time I saw Chastain...

4. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Too good not to share:

5. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Finally getting around to watching "Beasts of the Southern Wild." I haven't seen too many Oscar-nominated movies and I'm enjoying it.

However, I don't see how the lead actress could be in any "best" nomination pile. Not that she's bad, just that there's no dialogue and not a lot of interaction. It's like the instruction was "OK, look sad. OK, now scream! We'll get you to narrate it later."

Trying to recall Holly Hunter's performance in "The Piano;" I know that character didn't speak at all, but it just seemed different than this one. More interaction.

Draft saved Draft deleted