1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2013 NHL Stanley Cup PLAYOFFS thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mark2010, Apr 29, 2013.

1. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Haven't seen any announcement yet. How many games for Abdelkader?

2. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

Two games.

3. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Actually, I posted the question to get some opinions on what it should be. I guess the ruling came soon after.
    Seemed to be a worse hit than Gyrba, who didn't jump into the hit.

4. BenPoquette

BenPoquette Active Member

Montreal getting its ass kicked on the scoreboard...and just got beat down in four simultaneous fights.

5. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

Then the Senators players started waving their arms like a bunch of morons.

6. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

The Canucks turn to Schneider in Game 3 and he gets lit up and chased after the fifth goal, Sharks up 3-0 in the series and with all of the momentum in the world. What happens this off season if Luongo rallies Vancouver to a series win and takes back the starter's job? does it even matter at this point? is his fate still sealed?

7. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Gillis made a complete mess of that situation. Lockout or no, he should not have let the situation simmer that long. Puts Vigneault in a no-win situation. I guess Luongo's contract and cap number make him difficult to trade and get much in return.

My guess is Luongo gets the start in Game 4. What happens after that is anyone's guess. Contracts and salary cap aside, I'm not sure who I would rather have going forward. It's trendy to rip Luongo, but he's gone places (Olympic gold, Stanley Cup Final) that Schneider can only dream of at this point.

I would not surprise me to see them blow up the whole core and start over. With each passing year, I'm less and less sold on the Sedins as core leaders on a Cup contender (that was a nice sucker punch Henrik delivered on Couture in Game 3) and Ryan Kesler is becoming more and more of a dirty player as well.

It would be mildly surprising to see Vigneault get fired, but stranger things have happened.

8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

It's would not be surprising if he was fired. It would be surprising if he isn't.

9. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

On the plus side, they have won five straight division titles for the first time in franchise history. But they've got two second-round exists, possibly two first-round exists sandwiched around the one trip to the Final.

10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

They aren't nearly as good as they were and the division stinks.

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Canucks' Kevin Bieksa says his team is getting stuck with penalties because Sharks' Logan Couture and Joe Thornton aren't acting like real Canadians. More like Italian soccer players with the falling and the acting.

http://www.mercurynews.com/sharks/ci_23183638/canucks-kevin-bieksa-rips-sharks-logan-couture-and

"Couture has been snapping his head back. This isn't my opinion. The evidence is in the video," Bieksa continued. "Thornton, another so-called Canadian ... He gets slashed, takes his glove off, shakes his hand."

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Ironic coming from a Canuck.

Draft saved Draft deleted