1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2013 NHL Off-Season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Sea Bass, Jun 27, 2013.

1. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Boston needing to dump salary before the new cap kicks in?

2. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

They needed to find a replacement for Horton and they had depth at centre. Erikkson is regarded by many as the most skilled player in the league not named Datsyuk. I do like their return for him. Joe Morrow should also be good as well. I like Seguin, but he still has a lot to prove and it's not like he's going to be surrounded by a deep team in Dallas.

3. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

And because the Montreal Canadiens needed another small aging forward, they will sign Briere to a two year $8 mil contract when free agency opens up.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=426956

Also, I did not get to watch the Devils a whole lot this past year. Is David Clarkson really worth the $6 mil per that is being rumoured? My initial gut reaction is no way in hell. Am I out to lunch?

4. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Yeah, I guess the theory is Seguin will grow with the rest of his teammates and maybe they'll all get good at the same time.

5. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

So basically Philly is ditching Briere in favor of Vinny Lecavalier? Hmmm.

I agree with you on Clarkson. Good player, but not a difference maker worth $6 mil per year.

6. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Darren Dreger saying that Alfredsson likely going to Detroit. "Informed the Senators late last night to give them time to put a plan together for Clarkson". Nothing confirmed... yet.

7. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

They're getting a better player and saving $2 million in cap space. Surprised they gave Michael Jordan a five-year deal, but it's a good trade.

8. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Maybe it's because they started pretty young, but it just seems like Lecavalier and Martin St. Louis have been around forever. Their championship was pre-lockout. The, um, first lockout (2005).

9. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Leafs sign Clarkson - Mimico goes NUTS!

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Bolland and Clarkson both from our neighbourhood.

It's now officially the Mimico Maple Leafs

11. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Stephen Weiss signs with Detroit to become the first Canadian to play for the team since 1987.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Sheesh. Anybody who's ever run a high-school all-conference meeting knows how to fix this shit.

Draft saved Draft deleted