1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2013 NHL Off-Season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Sea Bass, Jun 27, 2013.

1. Double J

Double J Active Member

I absolutely have no problem with Kessel using his stick on Scott. Next time, get that lumber in his teeth, let him know you're there!!

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

Phil Kessel gets suspended for the remainder of the preseason for his actions against John Scott on Sunday.

4. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

The only problem I have with what Kessel did is he kept swinging after scott had been tackled by three other Maple Leafs. Other than that, the first few I'm fine with.

What I did find humourous was Bernier felt he had to "defend his teammate" and skated the length of the ice to fight Miller who was nowhere near the fight.

5. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

Cody Franson finally resigns with the Leafs.

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/09/26/cody-franson-finally-signs-with-maple-leafs

one-year, worth two million dollars. I'm surprised they had the cap space to resign him.

Thoughts?

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

They don't have the space and our going to nee to make a move.

Nonis has sure fucked up his cap space this summer. I look forward to next year when Franson is a RFA, Phaneuf,Bolland and Kessel are UFA's and they are going to have to extend Kadri. David Clarkson better be the second coming of Cam Neely.

7. Double J

Double J Active Member

8. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

That's a bummer. Seemed like a warm-hearted gentleman and a very proud papa. RIP.

9. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Bob McKenzie floated the idea that this means Joe Colborne is now on the block to clear space. What a gong show. If this is the case, I hope MacT is talking to him day and night, especially with RNH and Gagner out.

Draft saved Draft deleted