1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2013 NHL Off-Season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Sea Bass, Jun 27, 2013.

1. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

We have another future Schneider/Luongo situation on the horizon. The Habs just traded up with Calgary to take Zachary Fucale out of Halifax, top goalie prospect in the draft. Not sure what this says about the future of Price in Montreal.

2. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Dave Bolland traded from Chicago to Toronto. JR must be estactic.

3. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

My question is, does Bolland now wear a Maple Leafs jersey when he takes the cup to the Grey Goose?

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

If I remember, David didn't wear a jersey last time.
    His Leafs jersey sales will skyrocket and the Goose will probably get some serious TV time at the celebration

5. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Hawks also traded Frolik to Winnipeg. Managed to get five picks and clear almost $6 million in cap room. Should make it easy to resign Leddy and Bickell, and get a 2C.

6. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Hawks re-sign Bickell for 4 years/$16 million.

7. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Two words: Fernando Pisani.

8. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Bickell just turned 27 and is entering his prime. Pisani was damn near 30 when he had his run. Bickell will also get to spend the next four years with Kane and Toews.

9. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

There's along list of guys who have had the big playoff run, cashed in and were never heard from before.

As a Hawks fan, I hope it works out; However, I always look at these kind of deals with great caution

10. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Did they sell many Bolland Leaf jerseys before the trade?

Sorry, I had to.

11. Oscar Gamble

Oscar Gamble New Member

Interesting draft by Stan Bowman. With their 8 picks the Blackhawks select three Swedish defensemen and five U.S. forwards (4 centers and a RWer). Not one Canadian player taken by Chicago.

12. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

As usual, Bettman was awful today. Sounded like he was talking to the Devils fans booing him mercilessly like one would talk to their cocker spaniel.

"I have a trade for you. Wanna find out who it is? Who's a good boy?"

What a prick.

Draft saved Draft deleted