1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2013 NFL Predictions thread (You can even pick the Broncos!)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mizzougrad96, Aug 9, 2013.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Harvin, huh?

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

It's going to be a hell of a final five games.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  3. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

How bad is Harvin's injury? I thought he was only out for the preseason?

4. JackReacher

He's out for more than the preseason. Not sure how long, but a fairly long time. Most of the year, probably.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Best case scenario is he's back in December.

6. JackReacher

And then there's this...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/pete-prisco/23148716/predicting-every-nfl-game-no-perfect-records-but-a-few-surprises

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

That's a fun read, but I question the sanity of anyone who thinks the Packers are going 14-2 this season.

The Bengals are the trendy pick this season, sort of the way the Texans were last year.

8. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

I just like posting this picture:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think 12-4 will be good enough for the best record in the NFC. I think there's enough parity there that I don't see any team running away with it.

I think the Broncos and Patriots could have 13-14 wins based on playing in terrible divisions.

10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I think Broncos will be in the 10-12 range even though their schedule is nice, but it happens every year -- an "easy" schedule turns into a mess. Von Miller out four games could be a problem. No Elvis Dumervil. One distraction after another off the field -- DUIs, Von Miller idiocy.

They're certainly the class of that division, which is at best the second-worst in the league and maybe the worst.

And I'm feeling there's a pullback for the Patriots this year.

11. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

I think it's interesting that they're a trendy pick, just b/c I look at their schedule and go, "God, I don't know if they even make the playoffs." Maybe they're better than I give them credit for. We'll see.

12. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

I don't see any truly super teams out there. I'd be surprised if anyone wins more than 12 games.

Draft saved Draft deleted