1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2013 NFL Draft

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Who does KC take with the first pick?

Or do they trade down?

2. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I noticed that Kiper had moved Joeckel to 5th in his post-combine rankings, but Kiper has lost his fastball.

My guess is either Joeckel or a speed-rushing DE/OL like Jones or Jordan. The recent success of those guys (Aldon Smith, Bruce Irvin) has coaches enamored with those guys.

Of course, to further hedge, Reid had a thing for DTs in Philly, so maybe they go in that direction.

I can't remember the last time the top of the draft was in such flux.

3. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

I'd take a long look at receivers, especially someone with some speed. They really haven't had that in a few years and it cripples the passing game.

That said, I would try to trade down for multiple players/picks.

4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Call 1 would be to Mike Wallace.

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I don't usually get to be the d_b police, but we've had a 2013 NFL draft thread since December:

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/93959/

6. joe king

joe king Active Member

Someone would have to want to trade up for them to do that.

7. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

It's amazing the number of people who say the Chiefs should trade down, as if it's that easy. This isn't video game football. Of course they should trade down. Nobody is going to give up any value to trade up. Not in this draft.

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

All apologies.

Mods: Delete if desired.

I shall now dip my toe(s) in Lake Fail.

9. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Bowe is a better option than Wallace. In fact, with Smith in the fold, Wallace is the worst option among the free-agent WRs.

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I disagree about the first part. I think Wallace is a considerably better downfield threat than Bowe. With Smith....could be different. I don't know if Alex Smith could overthrow Mike Wallace.

11. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

That's the point. Wallace's strength is the opposite of Smith's. He'd be a terrible addition.

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

What's funny is that's how the 49ers got stuck with Alex Smith in the first place!

Draft saved Draft deleted