1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2013 NFL Coaching Carousel thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mizzougrad96, Nov 22, 2013.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Aikman is terrible. He's the embodiment of the punch-drunk, dopey 1950s jock stereotype at this point. Add in Joe "We have who this week? Dolphins-Bears? Really? What time is my flight? Is there time for a hooker? No? Well, shit." Buck, and the main Fox broadcasts suck ass.
    Simms was pretty good early in his career, but has gotten worse as time has gone on. He's still a step better than Aikman, but not by much.

2. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

If Ryan gets fired next year and CBS hasn't made the wholesale changes to their awful studio show, I could see them making a run at Ryan. Still have a hard time seeing him at the "grown up table", where Cowher, Boomer, Shannon and Marino currently sit -- even if they get rid of some of them. CBS has to do something to make that show...interesting. Thinking about it, from the old "NBC Live" shows but I cannot remember a network with the AFC package that had a decent morning show. The Costas-Ahmad show was dreadful. The CBS one is as well. It's perfect, though, with James Brown - the man of no opinion - as host.

Matt Hasselbeck should be the one who gets a bidding war when he finally walks away from the game. He's always been funny, smart, self-deprecating. Almost like a funnier version of Dilfer but without the ring. I do think Dilfer is the example of the former quarterback who saw an opening as a studio analyst/radio guest and, nearly every time, I learn something from him that I didn't know beforehand. Billick and Mark Schlereth are also like that to me -- I pick something up nearly every time.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Yeah, Hasselbeck will be great. One of the all-time great guys in any sport.

I'll be curious what Manning does after he retires. I can't really imagine him coaching. He'd be good at it, but I still can't see him actually doing it.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

He might run his quarterback camp on a full-time basis or become a freelance QB coach for college players.

Draft saved Draft deleted