1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2013 NFL Coaching Carousel thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mizzougrad96, Nov 22, 2013.

1. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

I think he retires. I thought he might call it quits after the Super Bowl win. I agree he won't get fired, but it certainly won't shock me if he retires.

I'd love to see them win the NFC East, but it's asking a lot. They'd have to win something like 5 of their last 6 and the team just isn't all that good.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I think more GMs will get sacked than coaches this year. You look at a lot of the teams that have struggled and the problem is personnel.

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I think You're crazy on this one. The response below yours confirms it.

I can't see anyway that he can return, it's a cold business and I think he knows he's gone.

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I agree. I think if Jim Haslett can get fired after Hurricane Katrina, Kubiak can get fired after a stroke.

5. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Haslett was a good coach.
    Kubiak isn't.

6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Which only further proves the point.

7. 3_Octave_Fart

I wish him fruitfulness and health, but Kubiak should have been fired last January.
    Look at that raft of talent and then look at how that divisional playoff game was coached.

8. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

There's been a knock on Kubiak for a while now, not just this year. But that begs the question, if you didn't have confidence in the guy when you were 11-5, why would you give him a contract extension?

9. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

Haslett was OK, but he was already on pretty thin ice in New Orleans even before Katrina. He essentially paid the price for the decision to stick with Aaron Brooks at QB over Jake Delhomme.

Brooks was the more talented of the two, but Delhomme was a better game manager, plus he was a Louisiana boy and he took the Panthers to the Super Bowl.

10. 3_Octave_Fart

Haslett pulled off one of the better coaching jobs I've seen in his rookie season with the Saints.
    That team had no business being in the divisional round of the playoffs.
    As for Brooks, it was never the physical stuff that marked his doom.

11. joe king

joe king Active Member

For those who were convinced Schiano is gone, well, don't look now but the Bucs have won three in a row.

12. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Quite the dilemma. If they finish, say, 5-11 after an 0-8 start, do you have to keep him?

Draft saved Draft deleted