1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2013 NFL Coaching Carousel thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mizzougrad96, Nov 22, 2013.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I figured there would be a lot of movement after this season, now, not so much...

Possibilities

1. Greg Schiano in Tampa. - But if they were going to get rid of him, wouldn't they have done it by now?
    2. Leslie Frazier in Minnesota - Who knows?
    3. Gary Kubiak in Houston - As politically incorrect as this is to say, his stroke may have saved his job.
    4. Dennis Allen in Oakland - Because it is Oakland, but they definitely look like an improved team.
    5. Joe Philbin in Miami - I know the owner seemed to indicate that he's safe, but if Ireland gets canned as expected, the new guy might want to bring in his own guy.
    6. Gus Bradley in Jax - I doubt they can him after one season. Could be wrong.
    7. Rex Ryan in NY - I think he's safe unless there is a colossally bad finish.
    8. Mike Munchak in Tennessee - Admittedly, I have no idea if he's in trouble or not or if he should be.

There's usually one firing each year that is pretty surprising. I don't see that happening this year unless Coughlin or Shanahan get canned.

I could see Shanahan quitting. I could see Coughlin retiring. I don't see them getting fired.

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

If the Broncos win the Super Bowl, does John Fox quit for health reasons?

Still a lot of football to be played. Six weeks ago, everybody was writing Ron Rivera's obituary.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Odds are excellent that one of the teams mentioned by Mizzou or some currently mediocre team undergoes a complete collapse in the last six games and the coach gets canned, we just don't know which one. I except the Jags, you can't collapse while lying prone and unconscious on the basement floor.

4. Mizzougrad96

I think Schiano is probably the best bet to get canned, but I'm not even sure that's a sure thing anymore.

5. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

I don't care what Jones said, if Dallas finishes with 10 losses, Garrett has to be in trouble.

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Why in the world would Shanahan quit? Sorry, man, but that is not happening. Zero chance.

7. Mizzougrad96

I could see him doing what he did in Denver. The owner asks him to make a change, he refuses, gets fired. Not the same as quitting. I agree he's not walking away from that contract.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  8. JackReacher

The only possible "big" changes would be Haslett and the special teams coach, who is a Shanny guy from Denver, I think. And if Shanny is willing to lose his job over those two? Good riddance.

9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Maybe Shanahan is tired of his quarterback running the team.

10. JackReacher

Nah.

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

If I throw Tom Coughlin on the list, does that mean the Giants win out from here and take the Super to cap a 14-game winning streak?

12. Mizzougrad96

Quite possibly.

Draft saved Draft deleted