1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2013 NBA Playoffs thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Apr 18, 2013.

1. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Did we go back in time to late-March? A starting lineup that includes Darius Morris and Andrew Gouldelock? That's about as close as you'll get to just throwing up an actual white flag.

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Nuggets-Warriors was entertaining.

3. Colton

Colton Active Member

Agreed. Not much of a fan of the Association these days, but caught this one surfing earliy in the second half and couldn't change the channel. Two teams really went at it.

On a side note, I remember George Karl having post game beers with a few of us in the press room in the Coliseum in 1984-85.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

This whole thing is the King James Invitational® anyways.

5. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Warriors-Nuggets sure was fun to watch. Caught the final 10 minutes of it while at work, and really enjoyed it. Not much of an NBA fan anymore, but those teams delivered. Hope they keep it up in Game 4.

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Clearly calling timeout is picking up the basketball and stopping your dribble.

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Lakers just don't have any bodies left to play guard ... Not like they were going to win this series anyway, but a sweep would be a little surprising. Spurs look as healthy as I've seen in a long time.

Stayed up until the end of Warriors-Nuggets and I'm glad I did. Still waiting for Iggy's half-court shot to go in ... man, that was close. Curry is so much fun to watch.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Not sure if it could work, but I'd love to see the Curry brothers as the Warriors' backcourt whenever Seth comes out.

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Seth's a senior, so he's out.

10. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

That would not be a smart move by the Warriors. Thompson is better than Curry will be.

11. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

They do that all the time.

12. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Spurs would've won the OKC series with or without Westbrook. The team has old aspects, sure, but Dejuan and Kawhi and Corey and Danny are all really, really young players.
    Spurs are on a mission to win it all. They've never lost a Finals series. And no team in the NBA aside from Chicago's great Jordan teams has made the committment to excellence that's here in SA.

Draft saved Draft deleted