1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2013 MLB Regular Season running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Gehrig, Mar 30, 2013.

1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Rizzo homers on the first pitch he sees.

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Strasburg & Harper would do a good number, even against the Marlins.

It's become a self-fulfilling prophecy. MLB and ESPN have been telling everyone for years that the Yankees and Red Sox are the only teams that matter.

3. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Harper homers in his second at-bat.

4. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Kid has a sense of timing.

6. Steak Snabler

Yankees-Red Sox living up to its reputation. Dodgers-Giants scheduled to start at 3 p.m. on ESPN and still just one out in the bottom of the seventh in the Bronx.

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

We're agreed here on the A's The whole "territorial rights" thing is a joke (and, yes, I know the Hasses ceded the South Bay to Bob Lurie way back when) and I don't think Oakland can afford a new yard for the team. I do feel for Oakland, though, since they seem to be on the verge of losing not only the A's to San Jose, but the Warriors to San Francisco ... and how much longer until the Raiders become the 49ers' tenants in Santa Clara? The Raiders' return to Oakland may have been the worst thing that happened to the A's, since in building more seats for Al Davis, they undid a lot of what had been done to make the Coliseum hospitable.

At the same time, I've never bought the "the A's are a small market team" line. They're in a Top 10 TV market, for cryin' out loud. Is there a sign at the Bay Bridge Toll Plaza that states "You must be this tall to sell tickets to baseball games?" Just because Lew Wolff can't, or won't, market his team, does that mean he should get a new yard? Remember he left the tarps on the upper deck during the ALDS?

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Kinsler was third in MLB in ABs, second in PAs, and second in outs made. Which are all durability indicators more than anything and mostly a function of Wash riding his regulars like rented mules.

Kinsler's been healthy each of the last two seasons, but offensively he's been very so-so since his 2008 blow-up and defensively, he's a frigging butcher — 18 errors last year, worst by far among all second basemen. He should've been charged with one last night for booting the throw-in from Cruz, allowing Cedeno to advance from second to third after Cruz booted it himself (they gave Cruz a two-base error instead).

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Always good to see your closer get yanked after 1/3 of an inning on Opening Day.

10. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Picked up Fujikawa for cheap in my money NL-only keeper league. I'll take it.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Did you have to take his interpreter too?

12. Steak Snabler

Clayton Kershaw just homered to put the Dodgers up 1-0 in the 8th.

Draft saved Draft deleted